Garlic bread has always been the dependable sidekick of pasta dishes and light salads. But don’t you think it deserves better recognition? Thanks to the inventive minds on social media, this trusty ol’ loaf is on its way to stardom. A quick search on TikTok will yield countless videos showcasing mouthwatering creations featuring the flavor-loaded carb. Jump on the trend and learn how to make garlic bread sandwiches with this easy-to-follow guide. This lunchbox treat might just be the hero of your schoolkid’s day!
How to Make Garlic Bread
Finding ready-to-eat garlic bread is relatively easy nowadays. Some bakeries even carry several permutations, from buttered baguettes and cream-filled buns to sourdough loaves and herbed crostini. But if you forget to buy one before shops close on a Sunday, making a batch yourself isn’t an exact science. Here’s a simple, no-knead method to bake garlic bread – just in time for your kid’s first day back in school.
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 baguette, halved lengthwise
- 2 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- Combine butter and garlic in a bowl; mix well.
- Generously spread butter mixture on the insides of the baguette. Sprinkle parsley on top. Place bread, cut side up, on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F (175°C) oven for 8 minutes. Broil for another 2 minutes for a golden-brown finish.
From here, you can already enjoy the garlic bread on its own or pair it with soup. You can also slice it into cubes to make croutons. But for an energizing back-to-school treat, use them to make sandwiches.
TikTok-Inspired Garlic Bread Sandwich Ideas
In recent years, social media has become the go-to resource for trending dishes, desserts, and snacks. Just look through your feed, and you’ll find a trove of viral recipes you can effortlessly recreate. Take garlic bread sandwiches, for example! Here are some ideas you can prep for baon.
Katsu garlic bread sandwich
Make a restaurant-style chicken sandwich following @cyruscooks’ garlic bread version. Take crispy chicken katsu and layer it over halved baguettes. Top with cheese slices and your choice of dressing – creamy mayo, Lady’s Choice Ham Spread, or ketchup work best. Close the ‘wich, toast, and serve. Do you want to up its nutritional content? Add veggies, like shredded lettuce, tomatoes, and cucumbers, into the mix.
Garlicky grilled cheese
TikTok creator @cordandthekitchen’s sandwich may sound simple, but it boasts a flavorful kick within its crusts. Make grilled cheese as usual but spread garlic butter both inside and outside your bread. Toast until crusty and golden!
Korean-style cream cheese garlic buns
You don’t need to be an experienced baker to make Korean-style cream cheese garlic bread. Take it from @franzie_v and learn to prep it in just a few minutes. Start by sourcing ready-made buns to cut down the work in half. Follow these simple steps next:
- Slice the bread: Make 4-6 cuts on top of each roll. Make sure not to slice all the way through. Set aside.
- Prepare the filling: Combine ¼ cup softened cream cheese and 4 tbsp sugar in a bowl. Transfer to a piping bag.
- Make the garlic butter: Combine ½ cup melted butter, 3 tsp Lady’s Choice Real Mayonnaise, ¼ cup milk or heavy cream, ¼ cup condensed milk, 1 egg, 3 cloves garlic (chopped), and dried parsley in a bowl.
- Assemble the buns: Pipe the cream cheese mixture into the cuts of your rolls. Take each bun and slowly dunk it into garlic butter. Let it soak for a few seconds. Gently lift the bread, then let excess liquids drip off. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Bake the bread: Arrange buns on a lined baking sheet and bake in a preheated 350°F (180°C) oven for 10-15 minutes.
Sweet and savory eggs in a basket
If you prefer a simpler snack, try @jezzaventura’s sweet and savory open-faced sandwich. Start by pressing down on the center of a bread slice using the bottom of a drinking glass. Next, brush garlic butter over the surface, then place it in the air-fryer basket. Slide a fresh egg into the shallow well and season it with herbs and spices. Bake the bread for 6 minutes at 350°F (180°C), top with a drizzle of honey, and enjoy warm.
Garlic bread lasagna sandwich
Everyone knows lasagna goes well with garlic bread. Social media agrees, which is why a sandwich version was born. Yes, there is such a thing, and you can replicate it yourself. Simply stuff a slice of day-old lasagna between garlic bread slices, then heat it in a toaster for a few minutes until the cheese melts. Done!
If you’ve been racking your brain for new baon ideas, you’re in luck. Start taking notes and learn how to make garlic bread sandwiches with these effortless yet trending recipes. Who knew the sidekick had so much more to offer?
How to Make a Sushi Roll Using Leftovers
Ease your kids into enjoying Japanese cuisine with this spin on sushi rolls. These bite-sized snacks are the perfect opportunity to use up leftovers, too.
Go, Grow, Glow Foods: A Budget-Friendly, Healthy Meal Plan for Kids
Are you worried about your kids not getting enough nutrients? Find out how you can add go, grow, glow foods to your family's breakfast or daily meal plan.
From Fried Tokwa to Sizzling Sisig: A Step-by-Step Guide
Traditional sizzling sisig isn't for the faint of heart. If you’re looking for a healthier alternative with the same satisfying flavors, try this recipe.