On a budget but still want to hang out with friends? Organize a party at home where everyone can play games, watch rom-coms, and indulge in various dishes. But just because you’re keeping costs low doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy gourmet flavors. Take this sisig pizza, for example!
Instead of ordering from pricey restaurants, challenge all party attendees to make fun versions of their fave food items. Consider tasty options like tacos, pulled pork sliders, and spaghetti carbonara and give them a local twist. Do you want to get ahead and wow everyone with a showstopping creation? Learn how to make this delicious treat that combines the best Filipino and Italian flavors.
How to Make Sisig Pizza
Pizza is always a dependable last-minute potluck pick. You can phone your favorite pizza parlor and wait for them to deliver the order to your doorstep. However, you miss out on the satisfaction of making one yourself! If you take matters into your own hands, you can play around with flavors and fuse cuisines for a unique creation. This pizza sisig proves how easy it can be. Start by preparing your pork topping or use leftovers from last night.
- 500 g pig’s mask or pork belly
- black peppercorns
- bay leaf
- fish sauce, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- canola oil
- 1 pc red onion, chopped
- 1 (1-inch) pc ginger, chopped
- ¼ cup chicken liver, chopped (optional)
- 1 pc green chili, sliced
- birds eye chili, sliced
- Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- 5 tbsp Lady’s Choice Real Mayonnaise
- 3 pcs calamansi
- Combine pork, peppercorns, bay leaf, onion, and garlic in a pot. Fill with water and bring to a boil. Once the meat is tender, remove from heat and drain.
- Season pork with fish sauce and pepper. Grill or roast in a 375°F (190°C) oven until crispy.
- Chop crispy pork into small cubes. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Sauté onion and ginger until fragrant.
- Add chicken liver and sauté until cooked.
- Add chopped pork and chilies. Season with Knorr Liquid Seasoning.
- Remove pan from heat. Add Lady’s Choice Real Mayonnaise and calamansi. Mix well.
Assembling your pizza sisig
Once you have your sisig, the assembly will be a breeze. It’s as easy as gathering other toppings and piling them onto your chosen base. You can use frozen store-bought dough, but you can also try leftover sliced bread, tortilla wrappers, or a carb-free cauliflower crust.
- frozen pizza crust
- tomato-based pizza sauce
- pizza toppings of your choice (grated cheese, bell peppers, white onions, etc.)
- cooked pork sisig
- mayonnaise and calamansi, to serve
- Place pizza crust on a flat board. Spread an even layer of pizza sauce.
- Top with cheese, bell peppers, onions, and prepared sisig.
- Bake in the oven until cheese is melted.
- Slice and serve with extra mayo and calamansi, if desired.
An Unconventional Creamy Pizza Sauce
Few people try to cook homemade sauce for their pizza. Why bother when you can use canned tomato sauce or even ketchup? Making pizza sauce from scratch is a game-changer! You have the freedom to season to your taste and make it as thick or thin as you want. Plus, it only takes 30 minutes from start to finish. Try this recipe, which adds a unique ingredient for a creamy twist.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 1 (26-oz) can whole peeled tomatoes
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 2 tbsp Lady’s Choice Real Mayonnaise
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium flame.
- Add garlic and cook until golden brown and fragrant.
- Add remaining ingredients. Increase heat to high and bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.
- For a smoother consistency, use a blender to process cooked sauce. Set aside until ready to use.
Sizzling sisig is a go-to order when eating out. Who can say no to crispy pork bits served with steamed white rice and ice-cold beverages? But it's high time to give your favorite pulutan a new reputation via a tasty makeover! Try this fuss-free recipe and surprise your family and friends with a unique sisig pizza. Once you get their approval, offer them more innovative dishes like sisig tacos, burritos, or pasta.
Send your loved ones a Mac-A-Sama Kit this Christmas!
A lot of things have proven to be challenging and uncertain in this” new normal” we are all living in.
5 Essential Tips for a Merry Christmas Shopping
Christmas is just around the corner and what better way to prepare for the holiday than start thinking of what to give to your loved ones?
Christmas Reunions, Made the Lady's Choice Way
For Filipinos, Christmas reunions are not just for getting together, but also for renewing bonds, reminiscing about happy memories, and creating new ones.