- 220 ml Lady's Choice Real mayonnaise
- 200 grams macaroni
- 2 tbsps sugar
- 2 tbsps pineapple juice (from canned pineapple)
- 2 tbsps pickle relish
- 1 tbsp white onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup celery stalks, small cubes
- 1/2 cup seafood of choice (optional)
- 1/4 cup carrots, small cubes
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, diced
- 1/2 cup pineapple tidbits, drained well; reserve juice
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
- fine salt and ground white pepper to taste
Cook macaroni according to package directions. Rinse under running water and drain well. Set aside. TIP: Drain pasta properly and cover while preparing other ingredients. Do not leave it exposed as this will dry the pasta.
Combine Lady’s Choice Real Mayonnaise, sugar, pineapple juice, pickle relish, white onions, celery, and carrots in a bowl. Mix well until sugar has dissolved. TIP: Mix dressing ingredients and seasonings first to properly blend the mixture. Chunky ingredients like the pasta and fruits follow next.
Add in cooked macaroni, cheese, pineapple tidbits, and raisins. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Chill before serving. TIP: Chill salad for at least 4 hours before consumption. This will ensure the proper blending of flavors. When making a big batch, portion in small containers so you only bring out the batch you can consume in 1 eating occasion.
You can add shrimp or any seafood of choice.