- 500 grams spaghetti noodles
- 4 tbsps cooking oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 pcs medium onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 kilogram ground beef
- 2 pcs red bell peppers, cored, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 pc carrot, finely chopped
- 1 pc bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 3 pcs jumbo hotdogs, sliced diagonally into rings
- 825 grams sweet style spaghetti sauce pouch
- 1/4 cup Lady's Choice mayonnaise
- grated cheese
Cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Drain.
Sauté garlic, onions then add the ground beef. Cook over high heat until meat is no longer pink.
Bring to low heat. Add red bell peppers, carrot and bay leaf. Put salt and pepper.
Pour in 1 ½ cup of water and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the mixture is almost dry and the vegetables are very tender.
Turn up the heat and add the sliced hotdogs, stirring for about a minute. Pour in the spaghetti sauce and bring to the boil. Adjust seasonings. Lower the heat, cover and simmer for another 5-7 minutes.
Add ¼ cup of Lady’s Choice Mayonnaise. Mix well until sauce becomes creamy.
Pour sauce on pasta and top with grated cheese.