Classic Filipino Favorites Made New
What makes a Filipino dish special? From the classic Adobo to the simple fried Bangus fish, it's hard to deny how valuable Filipino dishes are to us. This is because they are an integral part of our culture as Filipinos. They reveal a rich Filipino heritage because they come from varying origins. They are what bring separate people together in one table. They also span generations and never grow old. These are the dishes, which were once served to us by our mothers. Now, it is us who serve it to our families. But it's not just because they're inherently Filipino, which make these dishes special. It's because they remind us of home. The warm savory Adobo sauce, the rich tomato taste of Kaldereta and even the smell of sizzling pork Sisig will always bring us back to a comforting and nostalgic feeling. But did you know that there's a way to make these favorites even more special? With Lady's Choice Mayonnaise, you can turn the usual Filipino flavors to festive feasts you can serve daily. These are some of the dishes, which you can prepare best with Mayonnaise
½ kilo pork liempo
¼ cup vinegar
¼ cup soy sauce
10 cloves garlic, crushed with skin on
1 pc dahon ng laurel
¼ tsp ground pepper
½ cup water
¼ cup cooking oil (for frying)
2 Tbsp Lady's Choice Mayonnaise to thicken sauce
1. Marinate pork in vinegar, soy sauce, 5 cloves of garlic, dahon ng laurel and ground pepper for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
2. Put marinated pork in a saucepan. Add ½ cup water. Bring to a boil without stirring. Simmer until meat becomes tender (around 30-40 minutes). Separate meat from sauce.
3. In a separate frying pan, fry the pork until brown.
4. In the saucepan, sauté the remaining 5 cloves of garlic until golden brown. Add the browned pork and slowly add the sauce where meat was cooked.
5. Add 2 Tbsp of Lady's Choice Mayonnaise, mix and let simmer until the mayonnaise is dissolved.
3 Tbsp cooking oil
3 cloves garlic
1 pc white onion, sliced thinly
1 Tbsp patis
¾ kilo chicken, cut into serving pieces
1 small can pimiento, coarsely chopped
1 small can pineapple chunks, include juice (about 1 cup)
½ cup evaporated milk
1 tsp salt
½ cup Lady's Choice Mayonnaise
1. Sauté garlic and onion in oil. Add patis.
2. Next, add chicken pieces, lower heat and cook until meat changes color, about 10 minutes.
3. Next, add the pimiento, pineapple chunks and the juice, simmer for another 10 minutes.
4. Pour the milk and boil for 2 minutes. Add 1 tsp salt.
5. Next, put 1/2 cup of Lady's Choice Mayonnaise, stir and mix well until dish becomes creamy. Cook for another 5 minutes. Serve.
Lady's Choice Bangus Sisig
As needed canola oil
1 pc. red onion, chopped
1 (1-inch) pc ginger, chopped
500 g. bangus fillet, cut into small cubes
1 pc. green chili, sliced
As needed bird's eye chili, sliced
As needed Knorr Liquid Seasoning
5 tbsp. Lady's Choice Real Mayonnaise
3 pcs. calamansi
1 tbsp. spring onions, chopped
1. In pan, sauté onion and ginger. Add fish and sauté until cooked. Add chilies and season with Knorr Liquid Seasoning according to taste.
2. Off the heat, add Lady's Choice Real Mayonnaise and mix well. Top with spring onions then serve hot with calamansi.
½ kilo pork kasim, cut into cubes
1 pc pork bouillon cube , dissolved in 2 cups of water
1/8 cup cooking oil
3 pcs potatoes, quartered and fried
1 pc medium carrot, sliced and fried
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 pc medium onion, minced
½ cup tomato sauce
2 Tbsp soy sauce
80g can liver spread
1 pc red bell pepper
1 pc green bell pepper
4 pcs red hot chili peppers
¼ cup sweet pickles
3 Tbsp Lady's Choice Mayonnaise
salt and pepper (to taste)
1. Boil pork in the pork bouillon stock until tender, about 25-30 minutes. Remove pork, strain and set aside. Also set aside liquid where pork was cooked.
2. Fry potatoes and carrot, drain oil and set aside.
3. Sauté garlic and onions in oil in a casserole. Add the cooked pork and stir until meat turns brown.
4. Add tomato sauce and soy sauce. Next, add the liver spread and mix well and then add the liquid where pork was cooked. Simmer everything in medium-low fire for about 10 minutes.
5. Set the fire to medium heat. Then, add in potatoes, carrots, red and green bell peppers. Simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Add the red hot chili peppers and sweet pickles.
7. Next, add 3 Tbsp of Lady's Choice Mayonnaise. Stir and blend well until creamy. Check seasonings and adjust according to preference. Add more peppers as desired. Let stand for 5 minutes and serve.
So why not serve one tonight? Create a special moment with your family by serving an everyday favorite with a special twist.
What Your Macaroni Salad Says About Your Mom-Style
Find out your Mom-style with just a taste of your Macaroni Salad!
Making the most out of your 2020 Christmas reunions!
Given the current pandemic situation, a lot of us have been wondering, will there be a Christmas to celebrate this year?
Christmas Reunions, Made the Lady's Choice Way
For Filipinos, Christmas reunions are not just for getting together, but also for renewing bonds, reminiscing about happy memories, and creating new ones.